Well, what kind of self control do I really have? Nada, apparently.
Last night I had to make a pie...well I didn't have to but I promised Naomi...and so today was rough. Well, last night was rough.
The dough I made was a new recipe and because I have this thing about trying all the recipes I make, I had to sample it. It actually was really good. Really good and full of flour and butter and sugar. *sigh* I didn't eat too much because I didn't want to mess up my life too much.
Then today we had the pie. I went down to watch everyone enjoy it. Luckily EB cut the pieces really small. I broke down after all the oohs and aahs because I had to see if people were truthful or just nice because I was standing there.
I totally screwed up and had a full piece and, can I just say, damn it was good. I'm a damn good baker. This will be the death of me.
The rest of the day was okay. I steered clear of anything else not on the plan, had eggs for supper and overall didn't feel too hungry, and if I did I had celery and PB instead of chips or a candy bar. So that made me feel good.
The only bad thing, other than the pie, is that I have a headache. I haven't had a Diet Coke since Monday and going from 3 or 4 a day in the past week on the road to NONE...yeah, I have a headache. Hopefully that'll go away soon.
1 comment:
Good for you!! I mean, ok, there was the pie - but celery and pb are so much better than cokes and candy bars - that just isn't food for a healthy body! Just wanted to say hi. I'll check in with your blogs. =)
Post a Comment