Well, so much for that. Not that I'm quitting, I just find it hilarious how one little thing can make me feel like an idiot.
I met a friend whom I haven't seen in awhile for lunch and we went to Subway. We always order the same thing when we go because we tend to eat alike. It's funny, like our work, "You fly, I'll buy" policy which is basically what we did except that we went together. But my friend paid and I told them what we wanted.
Our standard is a chicken bacon and ranch wrap. I thought this would be okay and I'd unroll it and just fork it. But when it was complete and we were at the table getting ready to eat I realized I didn't have a fork and I really, really, really wanted that tortilla - if only for a little bit of carbs so I could feel awake again.
So I ate it.
Though, I will say, I did pull off about half of the tortilla and only kept what was necessary to keep it together in a roll of sorts. The rest I tossed.
We also did the meal deal which was fine until I remembered I gave up Diet Coke so I had the raspberry sweetened tea, which I'm guessing was sweetened with sugar. Dammit. And the chips I just took home with me to eat at another time.
Well - that's only one meal and I do feel mucho better and am actually feeling like I can accomplish things this afternoon. I have half of my kitchen cleaned and 4 loads of laundry in. I took a break for some celery and PB and thought I'd write here.
Hopefully the lunch won't set me back too much. I'll have to work hard to erase the damage, so to speak, but I'm doing that anyway.
My excitement, which I will put on my other blog as well, I got a two sided griddle today - one side is the griddle, the other a grill so I can grill during the winter. I'm excited to try it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment