Okay, so today I started running in the AM again, started SB again, and it's rag week. I'm an idiot.
My run this morning was good. I woke at 5:12 - right on schedule like I usually do. But I stalled and didn't get to the base until an hour later to run. So I ran 2 miles in 25 minutes (12.5 minute mile). Not bad but not good. I need to get stronger and faster...or at least more consistent. I walked too much. But I also dressed warmer than I needed to. It was chilly but once I got going I go really warm.
Eating today was good, except for forgetting breakfast. I had string cheese and a piece of beef jerky for snacks. Lunch was a SB meal that was actually okay for Phase 1. I was so excited to discover that. I'll have to pick up more. And I had jello-pudding for dessert.
After work I went grocery shopping and picked up a few more items to help me with my snacks and meals. I came home and made the chicken mix I usually have, just without the pasta. In a couple weeks I can add back in the pasta because I eat whole wheat and that's allowed at least.
Today wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I drank a lot of crystal lite which helped. It's just the breakfast thing. I wish SB made breakfast meals premade. But I'll figure out something.
I'm not going to weigh this week. Since it's rag week it's just not smart. So next Monday I'll weigh so I can see where I am and how much I really need to lose. The ultimate goal is 140 at least, maybe 135. I'm just not sure how much that's going to require me to lose.
I need to do this. The marathon is coming up quick and I really want to do well this year. I want to feel like I can accomplish it without worrying about being able to walk afterward. Debbie was laughing this weekend when we were talking about it because I said I have a Guthrie show that night (which is beneficial for traveling purposes, just not great since last year I had some trouble.). Last year I got blisters (wrong socks) so I had a lot of trouble walking. I also didn't stretch very well after the race and so I tightened up quickly making it hard to move.
I want to be better than this. I'm getting my motivation back which I desperately need right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment